Salesforce supports B2B and B2C both. By default, B2B account is enabled in every org. What if you are in a business where you offer your services to the individual consumers as well, like a Legal Service, Software service, or healthcare service. Salesforce offers you an Out-of-the-Box B2C option called Person Account.
Until the Spring’22 release, you need to call Salesforce support to have them enabled. Once Person Accounts is enabled, it cannot be disabled, so before you enable it, I would like you to have a deep dive and understand.
- What is happening in the background when you enable Person Accounts?
- What are the consequences of enabling it?
- What do you need to take into consideration?
Salesforce has a great help article, you can read it.
With the Summer’22 release, salesforce makes it easier for their customers to enable Person Accounts with a few clicks, with no more hassle and bothering the support team anymore.
Yes! You hear it correctly with a few clicks!!!
Before going ahead if you haven’t gotten a chance to read my previous article about Adding a Dynamic Related List a game-changer feature with the Summer’22 release, please do so.
Let’s start with a real-time use case.
Kevin Carter asked Sara (Salesforce Administrator) to make some arrangements to handle individual consumers’ data in salesforce org.
Let’s Enable Person Account
This is a new addition to the salesforce app builder family and keeping yourself up to date with the latest and greatest information is key to delivering projects successfully. Follow the steps below to enable person account in Salesforce:
- Click Setup.
- In the quick find box, type Person Accounts, and select Person Account.
- Click on the View Org Impacts button for Org Impact Acknowledgement.
- Select the check box “I understand that enabling this feature results in permanent changes to my Salesforce org.“
- Click on the Continue button. ( I would request you to read the given implications before you click on continue).
- Create Accounts Record Type, Click on Set Up and create a record type. (for Business Accounts you need to set up at least one record type, Salesforce will auto-create a record type for Person Accounts).
Once Check Readiness is completed.
- Click on Enable Person Accounts
- Make sure that you’ve assigned, the person account record type to the right profile and permission set.
Let’s see how it looks.
You are Done!!!
I would love to hear about your experience with enabling Person Accounts by clicks. How do you use it?
Leave a Reply