Pipeline Inspection gives Sales Managers and teams a single-page view of their pipeline. The team can save time and use these insights to focus on the essential opportunities based on the criteria. You can also use quick filters to narrow the view by the period, team, or sales rep.
Business Use Case
Carol Brook is the system administrator at Appiuss software. She received a requirement from her manager to create an Opportunity pipeline view instead of an Opportunity pipeline list view, which allows the Sales Manager to focus on what’s essential and get a glimpse of the pipeline on a single view.
Before you proceed to create an Opportunity Pipeline View and let your sales team start managing their pipelines with a view of pipeline metrics, corresponding opportunities, weekly deal changes, and close dates, amounts, and stages. Make sure you have Turned on Pipeline Inspection and Set up Historical Trending settings enable. To enable the said settings, please follow the below steps:
- Go to Setup | In the quick find box, search for Pipeline Inspection Setup. Turn on Pipeline Inspection.
- Check that Historical Trending is enabled and configured for opportunities by Clicking on View Historical Trending Settings. The fields required for Pipeline Inspection features are trended by default. The Next Step field is set up for trending when you enable Pipeline Inspection in Winter ’22 and later.
- Add the Pipeline Inspection Button |Click on Add Button.
- Give User Access to Pipeline Inspection | Click on Assign Permission Set.
- Click on Manage Assignments | Add Assignments Button. Select User and click on the Assign button.
You are good to go to solve the above business use case!!!
Perform the Following Steps to Solve the Above Business Use Case
- Navigate to the Opportunity tab. You will be able to see the Pipeline Inspection button.
- Click on the Pipeline Inspection button.
- Use Quick Filter to limit the view by owner, team, or time period (i.e., This Week, This Month, Next Quarter, Custom, etc.)
- To view the saved pipelined views, use the dropdown.
- Click on the gear icon to create, clone, rename or delete pipeline views.
- Click on Funnel Icon and use the Filter panel to add more criteria to view the opportunities that meet your filter criteria.
- Click on the icon next to the opportunity name in the list to mark the opportunity as important.
- Use the My Important Opportunities view in the pipeline views dropdown to view all the opportunities that you marked as Important.
- You can also apply the important opportunities filter to just view the important opportunities in any other saved view by clicking the Important opportunities icon.
You are done!
- Pipeline Inspection is only available in Performance and Unlimited Editions.
- User can’t share, clone, or delete default pipeline views (The default pipeline views are My Pipeline and My Important Opportunities).
- Users can mark up to 200 opportunities as important and can be visible only to the user who marked them Important.
- Totals are calculated for the pipeline metrics for a maximum of 2,000 opportunity records.
- Users can save views for the owner filter for My Team and Me only.
I want to hear from you! What did you learn from this post? Share your tips in the comments!
I don’t want to limit people’s views to Me, My Team, or My Opportunity Teams. Why are these the only options for non admins? Or am I missing something? we have relatively flat role hierarchy.
I’m so glad you read my blog! I will check and let you know.