The Salesforce Summer ’22 ☀️ release is here now with some exciting features and functionality to play around with. Excitement is there for everyone, including Admins, Business Analysts, Developers, Designers, and Architects. Last few days, I have gone through the release notes 📙 and shared the top features in Summer ’22 I like most.
1. Create Reports Based on Selected Salesforce Objects (Beta)
Searching a report type from a bunch of report types is a tedious job to create a new report.
Yo-ho! You can now filter report types on specific standard or custom objects when creating a new report; the list of report types is updated to show only the report types that are based on all the selected objects.
- Start a New Report.
- Click on Filter, In the Create Report window.
- Search and add one or more objects and Apply.
2. Manage Your Reports and Dashboards in Analytics Home (Beta)
Analytics Home is the new home base for your Lightning reports and dashboards, where all your Salesforce analytics content is organized in an adhesive and seamless experience. You get the benefit of a powerful search experience, better organization, sharing, and more. The feature is automatically enabled for Lightning Reports and Dashboards when the setting is turned on.
- Navigate to Setup | Quick Find box, enter Reports.
- Select Reports and Dashboard Settings.
- Select Enable the Unified Experience for Analytics Home.
- From App Launcher, select Analytics.
When you get started, you see that some areas of Home are familiar, such as the search bar (1) and left navigation (2). Analytics Home provides a personalized and intelligent experience (3) for each Analytics user that makes smart recommendations for discovering new assets.
3. Deliver to Your Customers with Custom Address Fields (Beta)
With Address as a Custom Field (Beta), your Salesforce end users can add and retrieve address data via custom Address compound fields on standard and custom objects. Users can edit the custom address field data in records and view custom address data in list views and reports.
To enable the Custom Address fields (Beta):
- Navigate to Setup | Quick Find box, enter User Interface.
- Select User Interface.
- Select Use custom address fields (Beta) and click on Save.
Before you enable custom address fields, review the Feature Requirements and Limitations.
4. Strengthen Formulas with New Functions
Make your formulas more robust by using the new Date and Time, Math, and Text functions. Unless specified otherwise, you can use the new functions everywhere that you include a formula, such as formula fields, validation rules, approval processes, and workflow rules. Grouped by type, here are the new functions for building formulas.
5. Secure Apex Code with User Mode Database Operations (Beta)
Declare if Apex runs database operations in user mode or system mode. The new Database methods support an
AccessLevel parameter that lets you run database operations in user mode instead of in the default system mode.
You can indicate the mode of the operation by using
WITH USER_MODE or
SYSTEM_MODE in your SOQL query. The below example specifies user mode.
List<Opportunity> opp = [SELECT Id FROM Opportunity WITH USER_MODE];
6. Use Formulas as Flow Entry Conditions
A formula builder is now available in the Start element of a record-triggered flow. The builder guides you through the syntax and simplifies the process. Instead of waiting until you save a flow, you can check the formula syntax and catch errors as you work.
- Start element in a record-triggered flow.
- In the Set Entry Conditions section, set Condition Requirements to Formula Evaluates to True (New).
- Click Check Syntax after you build each expression because the formula builder shows one error at a time.
7. Unit Test Framework for Salesforce Flow
Debugging the Record-Triggered Flow is always an annoying part of its development. Now you can test it quickly to verify its expected results and identify run-time failures before activating a record-triggered flow. Automated testing for flows saves our time and improves the flow’s reliability because the test determines whether the flow runs as expected or not.
Flow tests have some limitations and considerations.
- The maximum number of tests per flow is 200.
- Flow tests are available only for record-triggered flows.
- Flow tests support only flow paths that run immediately.
8. Two-Column Flow Layouts Are Superseded by Multicolumn Screens
We can organize record fields and screen components in up to four columns directly on the screen with the Section component. Section components provide more control and flexibility than two-column layouts.
- Each section can have up to four columns, and Column width can be adjusted for each column.
- Each screen can have multiple sections, to combine column configurations—some sections can use two columns while others use four columns—all on the same screen.
- Section headers can be added to provide context and let users collapse and expand each section.
- A live preview of the layout can be visible on the flow screen in the Flow Builder.
- Conditional visibility can be applied to an entire section to avoid setting up conditional visibility for individual screen components.
- Sections are responsive, so columns stack vertically to fit on mobile phones.
9. Convert Workflow Rules to Flows with the Migrate to Flow Tool (Generally Available)
Start transitioning to Flow Builder. The Migrate to Flow tool now supports more kinds of workflow rules, including most rule criteria formulas. Use the Migrate to Flow tool to convert your workflow rules into flows. Flow Builder can do everything that workflow rules can do—and more.
Now Migrate to Flow tool also supports:
Not equalto null
- Rule criteria formula
Formulas that use
$RecordType aren’t supported.
10. Remove Guest User Assignments from Permission Sets Associated with Permission Set Licenses with Restricted Object Permissions (Release Update)
Preventing guest users from being granted object permissions not required for their business needs to protect and improve the security of data. Salesforce is removing guest user assignments from permission sets and permission set groups associated with permission set licenses that contain View All, Modify All, edit, and delete standard object permissions.
- The only standard object permissions allowed for guest users are read and create.
- Guest users are no longer assigned to permission sets or permission set groups that are associated with these permission set licenses that contain the restricted permissions.
11. Allocate Records to Your Mobile Workforce with More Flexibility
- Up to 50,000 records can be allocated per object in each briefcase, up from the previous limit of 2,000 records per object.
- This change gives more flexibility to distribute records across active briefcases.
- To help in customize within the record limit, enhancements in the Briefcase Builder setup wizard now give, in-context updates on how the settings affect the number of records returned.
12. Enable Person Accounts Without Contacting Salesforce Support
Person accounts store information by combining certain account and contact fields into one record, which allows storing information about a person in a record that can act as an account when necessary.
Salesforce makes it easier for their customers to enable Person Accounts with a few clicks, with no more hassle and bothering the support team anymore.
- Navigate to Setup.
- In the quick find box, type Person Accounts, and select Person Account.
- Click on the View Org Impacts button for Org Impact Acknowledgement.
- Select the check box “I understand that enabling this feature results in permanent changes to my Salesforce org.”
13. Deploy New Policy Types from Security Policies (Generally Available)
Security policies are now generally available with new security policy types. You can create these security policies in Security Center: Trusted IP Ranges, Health Check Baseline, Password Configuration, and Session Settings.
This feature is available to users with the Security Center add-on subscription.
14. Move a WhatsApp Number to Salesforce Messaging
Now it is possible to migrate your WhatsApp business number to Salesforce if it is connected with another service provider. The advantage of migrating your number is that you keep your quality rating, display name, messaging limits, Official Business Account status, and any previously approved High-quality message templates while gaining access to Salesforce Messaging features. Before the Summer’22 release, it was not possible to migrate a registered number from one WhatsApp Business Account to another.
15. Use Service Cloud Voice with an Existing Amazon Connect Instance
Service Cloud Voice with Partner Telephony from Amazon Connect users can now choose whether to create an Amazon Connect instance or reuse an existing one when you create a contact center in Salesforce.
16. Control Access to External Object Records with Restriction Rules
Restriction rules allow certain users to access only the records that are essential to their work. To apply this layer of security to data that’s stored outside your Salesforce org, set a restriction rule on external object records.
To create and manage restriction rules for external object records, add a restriction rule from the External Data Sources page in Setup, External objects don’t appear in Object Manager.
17. Connect Your Customers to a Bot with Omni-Channel Flow (Generally Available)
Omni-Channel Flow supports routing to and from Enhanced Bots, now generally available, on Messaging for In-App and Messaging for Web channels.
- Add business rules to a flow to send a conversation to a bot or an agent based on your criteria.
- Use flows and the Bot Builder to set up transfers from a bot to another bot, agent, queue, or skill.
18. Resolve Incidents Across Teams with Swarming in Slack
After the Summer’22 release, it is easier for your customer service and development and operations (DevOps) teams to better collaborate by using Slack swarming when a widespread incident occurs. Now your DevOps teams can get visibility into an incident as they work toward resolution. And your service teams can get timely incident progress reports to keep customers updated.
19. Enable Salesforce for Slack (Beta)
With Slack and Salesforce, insights and action items live in one place. Reps and extended teams have access to everything they need including customers to win together.
After the Summer’22 release, the System Administrator can integrate sales, service, and analytics cloud with Slack by using clicks.
20. Product/Feature name Change
Salesforce has recently renamed some of its products or features. So here’s a list of these changes:
- Salesforce CDP Is Now Customer Data Platform
- Omni-Channel Plan Is Now Called Capacity Plan
- Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic Is Now List View Button Layout
- Data Prep Fiscal Configuration Is Now Called Date Configurations
- Pardot Is Now Called Marketing Cloud Account Engagement
- Advertising Studio Is Now Called Marketing Cloud Advertising
- Datorama Is Now Called Marketing Cloud Intelligence
- Interaction Studio Is Now Called Marketing Cloud Personalization
Leave a Reply