Since Google Chrome was released in 2008, it has remained one of the most popular web browsers in the market. Along with a user-friendly interface and plenty of powerful functions, one thing that makes Google Chrome so popular is the wide variety of Chrome extensions that the browser can integrate with.
While many Chrome extensions are available for download, a few stand apart from the rest in terms of their quality and benefits. In this article, we’ll walk you through the ten best of the best Google Chrome extensions for Salesforce professionals to enhance your experience, save time, and improve productivity.
The Salesforce Inspector extension adds a metadata layout to the standard Salesforce UI to improve the productivity and joy of Salesforce configuration, development, and integration work.
Here are some of the features that Salesforce Inspector:
- Inspect data and metadata directly from the Salesforce UI.
- The User option can be used to search for User details/records.
- The Object option is used to search for Objects.
- Show All Data can be used to view data about a record.
- The Data Export can be used to export data from Salesforce.
- The Data Import section can be used to import data.
- Org Limits section can be used to view the governor limits consumed by your org.
- The Explore API section to view various REST APIs available in your Org.
Salesforce Lightning Inspector
The Salesforce Lightning Inspector opens up and improves your Lightning Component development, giving you access to a wealth of data about your running applications and components.
With the Salesforce Lightning Inspector, you can:
- Easily inspect and navigate the structure of your components.
- Identify performance bottlenecks by looking at a graph of component creation time.
- Debug server interactions faster by monitoring and modifying responses.
- Navigate the component tree, inspect components and their associated DOM elements.
- Track event firing and handling sequences
Work with Salesforce records directly in your email application with the Gmail integration.
Experience Salesforce directly in your Gmail and Google Calendar:
- View all contacts, leads, accounts, opportunities, and cases associated with emails and appointments.
- Search and browse Salesforce records.
- Create new records, including custom object records- Add emails and appointments to records in one click, even when composing emails.
- Quickly craft emails with email templates and manage Salesforce tasks.
Use the Lightning App Builder to tailor the extension layout, choose features according to your business needs, and assign them to specific user profiles
Users with an Inbox license can:
- Schedule appointments more efficiently.
- Know when recipients open emails and interact with content.
- Schedule emails to send at the best time.
- Save and insert common phrases with ease using text shortcuts.
- View custom object records relevant to an email
Salesforce LWC Editor
For Salesforce Lightning Web Component(LWC), we can’t code directly from the developer console; using the VS Code or Code Editor (BETA) is the only way to code. Making some quick changes won’t so be easy. Salesforce LWC Editor makes Salesforce LWC development easy and fastest.
- Quick ‘Create New Components’.
- Create/Update Apex Classes.
- Create a new file for a particular component.
- Download & backup for a component or specific file.
- Find code in all LWC components.
- Change the name of a specific file of component.
- Delete components or specific file.
- Quick save(deploy) your change by using ‘CTRL+S’.
- All LWC development snippets (shortcut keys) are available.
Salesforce advanced Code searcher
You can get your code a few clicks shorter using the Salesforce advanced Code searcher quick find. Also, you can search any string of your code. In addition, this extension allows jumping to classes/pages/triggers from the advanced quick find section on the left-hand side.
Using this chrome extension, you can search your code components for your salesforce instance:
- Apex Classes
- Apex Triggers
- Lighting Component
- Custom Objects
- Visualforce Pages and Components
Salesforce Colored Favicons
The Salesforce Colored Favicons extension updates Salesforce tabs with colored versions to help differentiate between different organizations. It supports Classic and Lightning Experiences and includes separate icons for production, sandbox, and scratch orgs. When you Navigate to a Salesforce org, the extension will automatically select a random color.
Powerful Salesforce Developer Tools include Query Editor, Fields definition, ERDs, Page Layout, and others.
Here are some feature of Salesforce DevTools
- Quickly generate Apex code / SOQL, exporting query results to Excel file.
- Fast access to the new record page, list page, and object setting page of any object.
- Quickly search object fields and check their usage.
- Display fields API name on Salesforce object detail page.
- Exporting Objects, Fields, Page Layout, List View Definition to Excel file.
- Salesforce data modal (ERDs) generator.
- All Check / Select on the profile edit page and field permissions edit page.
Enhance Salesforce Dashboard
Salesforce only allows you to refresh Dashboards daily, weekly, or monthly. With Enhance Salesforce Dashboard, you can now have “up to the second” real-time information and set auto refresh frequency/duration.
Auto Refresh and up to 7 Columns Salesforce Dashboard.
ORGanizer for Salesforce
The ORGanizer Chrome Extension (BETA) lets you forget your Salesforce.com® username and passwords and helps you recognize Salesforce.com® tabs on your browser.
With Salesforce ORGanizer, you can:
- Store your frequently used accounts (basic encryption for password, details on the guide): username/password/login url / landing page.
- Login to an account on a new tab, window, and window on incognito mode, or get the full login URL for other browsers.
- Change an ORG tab and title to recognize which tab belongs to which ORG instantly.
- Use the built-in Quick Link tool to access your most used standard Salesforce links quickly.
- Create your personal ORG’s quick link library to handle special links.
- Use the Quick Console right inside your Salesforce tab to have quick access to describe manager, queries, execute anonymously, and other handy tools.
Salesforce Change Set Helper
Salesforce Change Set Helper chrome extension improves the usability of Salesforce change sets. It Adds the last changed date and allows sorting, searching, validation, and comparison with other orgs.
Included features are:
- It includes the last modified date and user and api name for each item.
- Automatically ordered by most recently modified first.
- Filter/Search/Order by any field.
- Sets all pages to show the 1000 rows. If there are more than 1000 items on a page, ask if you want to continue to retrieve more.
- View and Search on items in the change set. This allows you to see the whole change set and search to make removing much easier.
- Compared to another org (uses OAuth2.0 — no username or password information is seen or stored by this extension).
- It also shows the last modified date and user for the compared org.
- Click the file name to see a diff of the metadata file between orgs.
Here I am adding a few more.
Salesforce.com Enhanced Formula Editor
Enhances Salesforce formulas with syntax highlighting, autocomplete, formatting, field analysis, and syntax checking. Use Salesforce.com Enhanced Formula Editor extension to save time working with Salesforce formulas. It helps you quickly understand the structure of a Salesforce formula, debug it, and edit the formula.
When you visit a Salesforce formula edit page, it will automatically enhance the formula text field with a code editor. This includes Flow formulas, Process Builder formulas, formula fields, validation rule formulas, workflow rule formulas, and field update formulas.
Editor Features Include:
- Syntax highlighting
- Tabbing (tab and shift-tab)
- Parentheses matching
- Format button
- Review Changes
- Automated Syntax Checking
A new button named “Analyze Fields” is added to formula pages that load details about the fields found in the formula. Field details include:
- Field type
- How many times it is used
- Formula field compile sizes
- Field record values
- Picklist values
- Sub formulas
SOQL Extractor and Analyzer for SalesForce
Extract SOQL queries with their execution counts from Debug Logs of Salesforce. Helps you analyze the ‘Too Many SOQLs’ error.
- They would also help you to optimize the performance of your application.
- Ability to filter the log files.
- Added an option to view nested method calls.
- Ability to expand and collapse nested method.